Lebanese Tabouleh with
coriander cucumber and red onion
- 125 grams of couscous or bulgur
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- Half a cucumber
- 40 grams of parsley
- 20 grams of mint
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the bulgur or couscous in plenty of cold water for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, squeeze the lemon.
- Peel and cut the onion into quarters and then into thin strips.
- Peel the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber into very small mini cubes.
- Finely chop the parsley and mint. Leave the bulgur or couscous in a sieve well drain.
- Put the bulgur, onion, cucumber and herbs in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, pepper and salt to the Tabbouleh to taste.
- Cover the bowl in the fridge and let the Tabbouleh infuse for at least 1 hour.
- Taste and season the Tabbouleh with some lemon juice, olive oil, pepper and salt. Spoon onto a platter or plates.
Tip: Spoon pomegranate seeds or finely chopped beef tomatoes through the Tabbouleh for extra freshness and a tasty bite.
Enjoy your meal!